Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sufferin Succotash!

I was flipping through the June issue of Bicycling magazine, and read on page 5 "Yes, suffering is an integral part of riding...".  Who knew. It's things like this that make me think I need to do less reading about biking and more just biking.

I see suffering mentioned a lot in biking, but I don't get it.  I guess I usually see it mentioned in regards to road & cyclocross racing and training. "Yeah man I was really suffering on that hill".  Could be just jock talk and not mean much.

Sure, there are times when I'm riding and my legs are aching, I'm wheezing, out of breath. But suffering? Usually, it's just too much fun. Maybe I just don't bike hard enough.

2 comments:

  1. Scott, you probably enjoy it so much that you don't consider it suffering. :-)

    ReplyDelete