Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fatting around Riverside

Took the Pugsley N/R down the Merkel Trail to Riverside State Park on Sunday. Haven't been out on it for awhile, but immediately remembered why it's the perfect machine for Merkel and Riverside.  The fat tires keep the bike on the trail in the loose stuff, and roll easily over the jagged edges and lumpy, bumpy rocks and stones.

some pics, starting off with a shadow selfie:

okay, have to walk this section

I took a meandering route from the Bowl and Pitcher -  Trail 25 to 7-Mile then a trail going west, eventually turning back towards and crossing 7- Mile Rd, to Deep Creek parking area, down State Park Drive then back across 7-Mile Rd to a Trail that leads back up to Inland Rd.  I think it's one of those Trail 25-but-not-Trail 25 trails.  I'm going into some detail so I can remember, because this time, before I reached Inland Rd, I saw a trail off to the left I hadn't seen before, heading down the ridge.  A new to me trail. Looked promising so I took it.


It petered out in spots, and I almost lost it under the pine needles.  A fun ride down.  Crossed 7-Mile Rd yet once again and rode the real Trail 25 back to the Wilber Rd trailhead, then to the Bowl and Pitcher.

Coming back from the B&P campground area, I can never decide if it's easier and/or quicker home to ride up to Merkel, or to ride Aubrey White to Downriver golf course.  Sometimes I haul the bike up a the side of the hill on a trail near the water treatment plant up to NW Blvd. I opted to do that, and found yet another new to me trail that was less steep than my normal one.  Ended up not being quicker as I came across a herd of deer that I waited for, not wanting to spook them.

might be able to make out a deer in the middle of the pic,
cautiously eyeing me.
Finally made it back home after waiting them out.

<insert abrupt ending here>. it's late.


No comments:

Post a Comment