Friday, January 17, 2014

Take Your Pugsley to Work Day

I was a little worried that the Pugsley Neck Romancer wouldn't fit in the elevator at work and I'd have to find a spot on the street to park it, but no worries. (This is from last week when we had a little snow.)



I've had this sneaking suspicion that a fat bike is the perfect winter snow commuting machine for these parts, but I've only gotten to test it out a couple times this year. So far the verdict is a thumbs up - it plows through the fluffy stuff, and rolls over the jumbled up, compacted rough snow and ice better than studded mountain bike tires. Even works good on the flat, icy snow in the middle of the street that's compacted down by car tires. Black ice, probably not so good, but I've ridden over some flat icy sections without trouble.


Sorry, buddy. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment