Friday, December 28, 2012

Tarik Saleh Bike Club 100 mile bike challenge

You may have heard of the Tarik Saleh Bike Club 100 mile bike challenge:

"1. Just ride your bike 100 miles from 12/24-12/31 and you have achieved the challenge."
"2. Or just ride your bike every day from 12/24-12/31and you have achieved the challenge."

Hmmm, I might be able to make 100 miles, but I missed biking on the 24th and 25th (I know, hard to believe) so I have some catching up to do.  Biking to work and back will add up to about 36 miles so between now and 11:59pm Monday might be able to make it to 100. But if that fails, there's a 3rd part to the challenge:

"3. Or just try to ride your bike just a bit more than you might have otherwise and you have achieved it."

He will send you a bike club pin if you make the goal.

I like this Tariq.  Ok, I'm in.

And now for a little bit from today's ride:

I didn't want to deal with the snow and traffic on Alberta Street, so I've been riding down Nettleton on my way to work this week.  Wednesday and Thursday it was pretty rough, but the new snow tires handled it well.  Today most of the snow was gone, just a little icing left on the street.  As I looked down the street, though, I momentarily second guessed my choice of route. I thought, you know, Alberta is probably free of ice and snow now like the other arterials and less steep, so what am I doing over here?  




But it actually wasn't bad, and made it down safely.

This is a real crappy cell phone pic from starting out.  Next time need to get the gopro set up. Some days the only place studs are needed is to get off the hill on our block:


that's all. Hoping to get a non-snow-bike out for a ride tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment