Saturday, May 19, 2012

Slight disconnect at Powell's in Portland

which two items don't go together?

We were in Portland last weekend and I made a quick visit to Powell's Books to pick up some light reading material. It may be a little ironic, but I already had the Bicycle Times issue that was there so I picked up both Just Ride and Bicycling magazine (which have competing views on carbohydrates, among other things). Didn't notice Just Ride was autographed until I left the store - woo hoo. (Actually didn't know who Grant Petersen was until maybe last year). Both seemed good for flipping through randomly, which seems to be the way I read as I get older.

It was a little odd being in Portland without our bicycles, but we didn't want the hassle of dealing with dogs, luggage and bikes on the back of the truck. Almost got a Tern folding bike at REI but it was the Uno and I'm not familiar with the other options available in folding bikes so passed on it. Wasn't sure if we had enough room for it. Also almost picked up a nice orange single speed from the downtown Bike Gallery (seemed like a good shop, by the way), but was sure I couldn't fit it in or on the truck unless I tied it to the top of the truck bed cover. Shoulda left the bike rack on the truck before we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment