Sunday, June 9, 2019

Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail (fka JWPT) -permitted

Ok I’m officially legal for the Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail! I think that’s the official new name of the John Wayne Pioneer Trail/Iron Horse Park Trail. I can’t ever remember if the Palouse or Cascades goes first.


The original Race King tires on my Fargo are barely sorta kinda legal for the 2” limit for hanging bikes up in the baggage car on Amtrak’s Empire Builder. That is, with no air in them and the calipers squeezed tight. They have a big 2.2 on the side. I’ll box it if I have to, but I’m thinking it’ll be ok.



Anyhoo, I ordered some 50c Gravelking SK. They might not be the best choice for the rockier sections on the eastern section of the trail, but I’m going to give them a trial run and see how they do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment