Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wolf Tooth Doo-Dad & Banjo Brothers Frame Pack

I like my Revelate Tangle half-frame bag, but it's difficult to fit water bottles under it on the frame.  I have a tall water bottle on the down tube that protrudes up into the bag, and isn't easy to retrieve. On the seat tube I can fit a short 12oz Hydro-Flask under the Revelate, good for coffee or cold-brews.

(Maybe at this point I should point out that no companies or personages send this blogger any free stuff to review.  [Hint, hint...].  I buy bike things with my own hard earned allowance.   Speaking of, anybody need their lawn mowed?)

Wolf Tooth Components to the rescue. They developed the the B-RAD System, aka Bottle Relocation and Accessory Device.

I use the B-Rad 2 to lower the attaching points for the down tube cage and the taller water bottles fit great underneath the Tangle.  Only trouble is, now the cage interferes with the seat-tube bottle cage.  That's solved by another B-Rad to raise that one but of course there's no room now for even a 12 oz. bottle there.

So off to the internet I go looking for a little triangle shaped bag, something I've been thinking about for awhile. After some searching, I found just what I was looking for in the Banjo Brothers Frame Pack.  Only $35 bucks. The B-RAD isn't cheap at around $17 so that helps. Checked locally and didn't find any (ok, didn't look too hard - checked one store that was listed as a dealer) so ordered the medium from that universal place in Portland, Oregon. I gambled on the medium size, hoping my mid-size u-lock would fit in.


The u-lock fits, along with a tool kit and assorted sundries. I like having those on my bike so when I switch bags up front or use a backpack instead I don't have to make sure I transfer those items, too. There's room for a regular size bottle on the seat tube.  The only real complaint I have is there isn't a strap to snug the bag up next to the head tube so it tends to slide down. I think I can easily fix that.


No comments:

Post a Comment