Monday, November 10, 2014

new pedals for me Vaya

finally ditched the $25 Redline pedals I've had on my Vaya since I got it.  they were cheap and got the job done, but were getting slippery.  With the rain in the forecast and winter coming on, figured it was time.

Replaced them with the VP Components VP-001, same ones I have on the Fargo. VP calls them an Urban Flat Pedal so they may not be intended for heavy duty trail riding.  But I've been happy riding the Fargo with them on trails, pavement and gravel wearing Five Tens. They're light, thin and grippy with adjustable pins. Available in black, silver, gold, red, green, blue, magenta, pink or turquoise, I went with basic blue.  Getting a little too matchy-matchy with the blue-themed Vaya, think I will pick up another color for my Marin Muirwoods which I have back in the rotation for winter.



VP says they are 345 grams - I don't know how that compares to other pedals - and 109 x 97 x 16mm. Towards the ends they measure around 14mm.

I feel more secure now with these on the Vaya, and my feet aren't accidentally slipping off the pedals anymore.

Gratuitous pic of our dogs in the wild:


No comments:

Post a Comment