Thursday, March 13, 2014

oh no! wrong shoes!

a reenactment 

It wasn't until I was getting ready for bed last night that I saw a pair of my stay-at-work shoes by our closet door.  I did a double take - wait, what are those doing here why aren't they under my cubicle? Where are my 5 Tens?

In a rush to leave work yesterday, I forgot to switch over to the sneaker or skate style shoes I like to bike in and rode a whole 6 miles in my casual work shoes. And didn't notice it. My feet did slip off the pedals at one intersection which was odd and embarrassing, but I didn't think much about it.  The slippage was due more to the pedals I have on - Redline Lo-Profile platforms, great $25 pedals but not very grippy. I've been thinking of switching over to to the VP-001 pedals that I have on my Fargo and now just might have to do it. The VP-001's are nice, thinner pedals that have just the right amount of grip but are not too sticky.  Next time I accidentally or on purposely wear street shoes, my feet will feel more secure.

At least I remembered my old man leg band yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment