Friday, July 20, 2012

Panaracer Pasela TG - 2 weeks, 1 flat

Well, shoot, I knew the Pasela TG's aren't a real heavy duty puncture resistant tire, but I was hoping they'd roll over the usual assortment of small brads, staples, and glass on the streets without puncturing.   But I pulled my bike out last week to ride to work, and felt that funny loose feeling and discovered the back tire was flat.  The culprit? A staple, one of these pointy T50 style staples, about 3/8" (10mm) size.

I usually ride a foot or two from the curb for better visibility and less debris in my path, but this staple must not have had time to migrate over to the curb.  I swear, sometimes I think people in Spokane must toss nails, screws and staples out their truck windows like they're tossing candy in a parade.

Otherwise, these Paselas ride smooth and fast.  Guess you can't have everything.

Friday night, and I'm blogging and watching American Pickers. It's a wild, wild, life!


No comments:

Post a Comment