Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Forgot it was winter

Last few weeks just been riding back and forth to work. Hadn't even felt like going out on the weekends. But last weekend my knobby-tired bikes were calling out to me and wouldn't be denied. Most of the snow in town was gone, and I forgot it was winter so I headed out to Albi/Merkel Sports Center/Complex (whatever it's called) again and found other bikers had the same idea:


The view from the bridge at Riverside Park:

Maybe it's a little too early in the year to be riding this trail. I forgot we actually had a couple good snowfalls this winter:


Saw about 4 or 5 deer crossing the path. You can barely see one in the middle of this picture. I really oughta carry a better camera.

I made it up to the Centennial trail and found another new-to-me trail to take back down. Saw other bike tracks. Mentally noted other trails for exploring in the future. It was a good ride.

As I write this, there's a little fresh snow on the ground. Thinking of heading out again next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment